Pick-Your-Own at Gogle Farms
If you are interested in the experience of pick-your-own at Gogle Farms you are in luck! We offer pick-your-own sweet and sour cherries, yellow peaches, apples, and jack-o-lanterns based on the season. See our ripening schedule or follow us on Facebook to stay up to date on what fruit is available when.
New, this year, we will be selling our pick-your-own fruit by the pound. We will still be using our peck and ½ bushel baskets for pick-your-own. The baskets have a plastic bag liner that will be used to take your fruit home. A peck basket, when filled level to the top holds approx. 10lbs and a ½ bushel basket when filled level to the top holds approx. 20lbs. At check out, your fruit will be weighed and you will be given your fruit in the plastic bag liner. We keep the baskets. Please do not bring your own containers.
Pick-your-own Fruit Price: $1 per pound
Pumpkins will be priced per pumpkin and not sold by the pound.
Due to the pandemic there will be no hayrides this season.
- Don’t eat fruit off the ground.
- No dogs allowed.
- Wash your hands before picking fruit.
- Stay seated while the tractor and wagon are in motion. Keep hands and arms inside the wagon. Watch for tree branches as we drive through the orchard.
- For a smoother ride, sit towards the front of the wagon.
- Be aware that the grass may be rough, the ground may be uneven and there will be bugs in the field – We recommend that you wear closed toe shoes or sneakers for this reason.
- Don’t climb the trees.
- Peaches are fuzzy and can make you itchy. The more you scratch the worse it will itch.
- Samples are allowed but we always recommend you wash your fruit before eating it.
- Don’t pick in areas outside the designated variety unless authorized to do so. Some fruit may look the same but could be under- or over-ripe and not at its’ peak flavor.
- Only pick what you are planning on paying for.
- Please leave the field the way you found it (don’t litter.)
Fresh Produce Stand
Seasonal Availability of Local Produce
- String beans (green and yellow)
- Red beats
- Sweet potatoes
Our Seasonal Produce
(see About Fruit section of website for more information on products listed below)
- Tree fruit
- Assorted squashes
- Assorted pumpkins
Gogle Farms Grown Potatoes
Growing up the Gogle Children were regaled with stories from their Great Grandpop about taking potatoes to the train in Rockdale by horse drawn wagon. Potatoes were a staple at not only Gogle Farms, but many family run farms in the area at the time Great Grandpop Gogle was growing up. So when it came time for the now grown up Gogle children to decide what to plant on their farm, they chose to honor their Great Grandpop by planting potatoes.
What potatoes we grow:
- Red Potatoes (red skin, white flesh)
- Purple Potatoes (purple skin, yellow flesh)
- Peter Wilcox variety also called Purple Gold
- Lehigh Potatoes (buff skin, yellow flesh)
- Developed at Cornell University to be more productive in the North East. Named Lehigh after the rich potato growing heritage of the Lehigh Valley.